WORSHIP AT GREENWOOD
The worship ministry of Greenwood exists to help our congregation experience and express Christ's sufficiency and preeminence in all things. As we live lives of worship, we want our passion for God and His Holy Word to have a lasting impact on the community around us. In our weekly services, we seek to uphold the Biblical model for worship as described in John 4:23-24.
"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." John 4: 23-24
OUR WORSHIP TEAM
Our Sunday morning services require many people and we are thankful for each person who gives sacrificially of their time to serve the congregation at Greenwood through this ministry. Our worship team consists of musicians and vocalists, as well as sound-board and PowerPoint operators. Whether working on stage or in the sound booth, the worship team's desire is that God receives all the glory as they use their gifts in service.
OUR WORSHIP PHILOSOPHY
The songs we sing at Greenwood:
1. Always conform to the absolute and binding truth of Scripture.
2. Encourage both clear thinking about God and spiritual things (mind), and promote the expression of real emotions towards God with these truths (heart and soul), as described in Matthew 22:37.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
3. Encourage an attitude of reverence and awe before God, and promote a genuine expression of passion for Christ and His Word.
4. Are not for the purpose of entertainment. Our worship team actively avoids both performance and a lack of preparation, to ensure no distractions take the focus of our worship off of God.
5. Are a blend of contemporary and traditional styles. We celebrate different styles of musical expression, not to appease generational demographics, but to show how the glory of God transcends personal taste. At Greenwood, we value multi-generational worship and therefore, the songs we choose help engage the hearts of both the young and old.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, or to find out you can be a part of this ministry, contact: